Q: What is the difference between a "burglar alarm" and a "security system"?
A: A security system is monitored via your telephone line by a digital dialler. The dialler automatically notifies the central control of all alarms within seconds.
Reasons for monitoring
- Changes a burglar alarm into a Security System.
- Nobody pays any attention to sirens anymore. (When was the last time you heard a siren going and stopped - investigated and reported to Police?)
- How do you know that your neighbours are home or not on holidays when your alarm goes - they go out too.
- Noise Pollution Act states that sirens can go once per sector and then cut out within five minutes - Result door open or window open? No more alarms for three weeks whilst you are away - anyone or anything can simply walk in - No Alarm.
- Professional response - Guards, trained people, Police - not friends and neighbours who may be hurt and attacked.
- Power is monitored and also standby battery - if a thief pulls the house fuse, the Central Control is contacted within one minute - also no lost smelly food in freezers.
- Silent duress or panic buttons can summon professional help within minutes if mum or the kids are threatened whilst in the family home - even if the alarm is turned "OFF".
- Its now inexpensive to have 24 hour, 7 day a week monitoring of your alarm systems - a little more than two packets of cigarettes per week.